If you are wondering why your expense was denied, there may be different reasons:
1. Eligibility: the expense you submitted is not eligible under your benefits program.
If you are curious to know about what is eligible under each of your benefits, you can check your specific benefit policy from within our app and website. Simply navigate to the Accounts page from the app or website, and click or tap on the desired benefit. From there, you'll see a button for "What can I spend my benefit on?" which you can expand to show more details.
2. Incorrect category: the expense you submitted is not eligible under the category you submitted it under and you don't have enough balance under the right benefit for it.
3. No receipt added: a receipt was never added to it so we can't see what was purchased.
4. Needs manager approval: your expense requires additional approval from your manager which hasn't been uploaded.
5. Needs additional information: you uploaded a receipt, but there is not enough information to see what item was purchased, when, where and/or spent amount.
6. Amount requested does not match the receipt: if the receipt you uploaded is not the same as the amount you requested and you don't provide additional context in the memo to explain the difference, your expense may be denied.
If you would like further clarification as to why your expense was denied or if you wish to dispute a decision, please contact our Support Team by submitting a ticket request in the upper-right corner in this page.
Questions? We are happy to help! Please reach out to Benepass Support for any assistance.