For security reasons, all physical cards from Benepass are mailed in inactive status. The first thing you need to do when you receive a physical Benepass card is to activate it. Once you have your new physical card in your possession, you can activate your card by following these steps:
- Log in to your account from our website or mobile app.
- Navigate to the Cards page.
- Scroll or browse until you see the card you wish to activate.
- Click or tap on the Card. Confirm that the last 4 digits in your account and on your physical card match, then click "Activate Card”.
- If prompted, enter the expiration date and three-digit CVV
You'll see the status of the card change to Active shortly. Now you're set to spend!
Your physical Benepass card does not have a PIN and is accepted wherever Visa is accepted. Please check the available balance in your benefit before you start spending as any purchases that exceed your available balance will decline.
If you would like to order a physical Benepass card to use in person with merchants, please refer to the article: Ordering a physical card (US Only)
If you'd like to use your virtual card in person with merchants using Apple Pay or Google Pay, please refer to the article: How to add your virtual card to a mobile wallet
Questions? We are happy to help! Please reach out to Benepass Support for any assistance.