The IRS determines what exactly is eligible under your Commuter benefit. Some examples of eligible expenses are:
- Light Rail
- Rideshare with at least 6 passenger seats
*For parking-related expenses, please note that these costs must be related to your parking for work, whether that’s in a nearby lot or at your local ferry/train station.
Parking and transportation costs unrelated to work are not available for reimbursement. The following are also not eligible:
- Highway tolls
- Cost of gasoline
- Bike-related expenses, including bike sharing
- Car maintenance
- Scooter sharing expenses
- Travel to/from business meetings
- Transportation for spouses/dependents
- Rideshare with less than 6 passenger seats
Questions? We are happy to help! Please reach out to Benepass Support for any assistance.