Pre-tax Benefits: Submitting Expenses Post-Termination

If you've left your employer but had pre-tax benefits through them such as a Health FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA or Commuter benefit, chances are your employer added either a runout period or grace period to the benefits plan. Each employer will choose which one to add and the duration of it. 

If your program includes a runout or grace period, your Benepass account will remain active until the last day of these periods. Note that any unused funds after a runout or grace period will be forfeited to your employer, therefore, make sure to submit eligible expenses sooner rather than later to avoid missing out on your funds!

Logging into Benepass Post-Termination

If you ever provided an alternative email in the Benepass app during your onboarding, it's likely you will already be able to log in using that email address and the Email Code option to log in. However, if you are not able to log in with that email, or if you never provided one, you can contact our Support Team to set you up. Please note that if you reach out from a personal email, our Support Team will ask some questions for verification purposes before providing access. 

Benefit Spending and Usage Guidance

  • If your benefit is in an active runout period, your cards will be disabled for spending as new spending is not allowed during a runout period. Therefore, your remaining balance can be used on outstanding expenses incurred while you were still employed. 
    Note: To avoid any delays in processing your expense, please ensure the date is clearly shown in the receipt you are submitting.
  • If your benefit is in an active grace period, you will be able to use your cards for new spending or submit expenses. Grace periods allow you to submit eligible claims incurred both before termination and post-termination.

Questions? We are happy to help! Please reach out to Benepass Support for any assistance.

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request