Your Health Savings Account (or HSA) is a great way to use pretax dollars for healthcare costs. If you're not currently using your savings to cover healthcare expenses, you can also invest your HSA funds.
If you have an HSA with Benepass, you have the option to invest your HSA funds through myHSA Investments guided portfolio options.
To start investing with myHSA Investments, take the following steps:
- Navigate to Accounts page from the website or app, and click in to your HSA benefit
- Find the "Other Account Actions" section
- Click Invest to launch a window that will take you to myHSA
- Register for a new account, entering the Account and Routing numbers of your HSA available on the benefit page
As you create your account for the first time, you may be prompted to make an initial transfer from your Benepass HSA to myHSA as well as set your future investment elections from the available options.
Once you've initiated the first transfer, the funds will be moved from your Benepass HSA to your myHSA Investments account. You have the ability to initiate additional transfers at any time.
Should you need to move funds from myHSA Investments back to your Benepass HSA, you will have the option to liquidate some or all of your invested funds.
For answers to more frequently asked questions, please review the attached PDF provided directly by myHSA about their platform and investing options.
Questions? We are happy to help! Please reach out to Benepass Support for any assistance.
- myHSA Investments FAQ400 KB